Indoor Air Quality
Improve the Quality of the Air You Breathe.

Most of us spend more than 90% of our time indoors with about 60% of that time spent at home. And with today's homes being built tight for energy efficiency, airborne pollutants, toxic fumes, and lingering odors are trapped inside. It's no wonder that typical indoor air can be up to 20 times more polluted than the outdoor air!

The Consequences of Poor Indoor Air Quality

Pollen, mold spores and pet dander can aggravate allergies and asthma symptoms
Bacteria, viruses, and toxic gases can make us feel sick and spread illness
Walls, furnishings, carpets and draperies can get soiled and look dingy
Small particles coat cooling and heating equipment components, reducing efficiency ad performance
Excess moisture can cause mold and mildew resulting in musty odors and severe structural damage to windows and walls


The Problem:

It's not always possible to eliminate the source of indoor air pollution. But there are some things we can control, like humidity. Not only does humidity make you feel uncomfortable, it also provides an ideal breeding ground for many of the things that can make you feel sick. Mold, mildew, dust-mites, bacteria, and viruses are just a few of the respiratory irritants that thrive in high or low humidity environments.

The Solution:

A Carrier variable speed system with an Infinity or Thermidistat Control or Comfort Zone II system. The Carrier Infinity or Thermidistat Control and Comfort Zone II system works with a variable speed system to control the humidity in your home by adjusting the airflow speed according to the need for de-humidification. In fact, a variable speed unit with a Carrier Thermidistat Control or zoning system can remove up to 30 times more moisture than standard systems. If you live in a dry climate, a Carrier humidifier can add moisture to achieve comfortable humidity levels.


The Problem:

A standard one-inch air filter captures less than 5% of the particles in the air. This leaves the other 95% to pollute the indoor air, stain furnishings, carpets and walls, and coat the coil in your cooling and heating equipment, making it less efficient. But worst of all, many of these particles can aggravate allergies and contribute to illnesses such as coolds or the flu.

The Solutions:

Mechanical Air Cleaners have significantly more surface area than standard filters, last much longer, and capture significantly more and smaller particles than one-inch filters. A mechanical air cleaner is good for capturing airborne particles such as dust, pollen and pet dander. These filters typically need replacement once or twice per year.

Electronical Air Cleaners capture up to 95% of the particles passing through it and can remove very small particles such as smoke, grease, bacteria, and even many viruses. Because they keep small particles from coating the equipment, electronic air cleaners also help to maintain the efficiency and performance of your comfort system.


The Problem:

Today's homes are built tight for energy efficiency. But while they keep the outdoor weather out, they also seal air inside the home, trapping particles, gasses and odors.

The Solution:

A Fresh Air Ventilation System will help to dilute harmful gases, fumes and chemicals, as well as airborne particles, from the indoor air by allowing your home to "breathe" without the wasted energy and excess humidity of open windows. Before the ventilator expels stale air from your home, it transfers the heating or cooling energy from the outgoing air stream to the incoming stream of fresh, outdoor air.

Click Here to view some of our Indoor Air Quality Products.

Click The Images Below To View More Information About Our Featured Products

  • Infinity 20 Heat Pump with Greenspeed Intelligence
    Infinity 20
    Heat Pump with
    Greenspeed Intelligence
  • Infinity Remote Access Touch Control Thermostat
    Infinity Remote Access
    Touch Control Thermostat
  • Carbon Monoxide Alarm
    Carbon Monoxide Alarm
    Protect Against A
    Silent Killer
  • Infinity Whole Home Air Purifier
    Infinity Whole Home
    Air Purifier
Central Air Conditioners Heat Pumps Packaged Products Geothermal Heat Pumps Ductless Systems Gas Furnaces Fan Coils Evaporator Coils Air Cleaners Humidifiers Ventilators UV Lights Thermostats